I. About school
Technical University of Dresden (TU Dresden) is one of 11 universities in Germany ranked typically of the specialized training as natural sciences, social sciences, engineering and medicine and pharmacy. TU Dresden currently has about 37,000 students and graduate students enrolled (of which 10% are international students) coming from 120 different countries. Every year, the school is welcome 1,100 foreign students. Teaching staff of the school consists of 4,400 teachers, including 500 professors, PhD.
II. The academic programs
Technical University of Dresden has 14 faculties. Almost all departments are located in the main campus in the city center, excepting for Medical Science, its own campus near the Elbe River in the eastern of the city. Faculty of Natural Sciences is the largest faculty of the school with 4390 students. 5 specialized faculties: Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Psychology.
– Faculty of Architecture: includes 6 classes with 1,410 students
– Faculty of Civil Electricity: includes 11 classes with 757 students.
Faculty of Computer Science has 6 divisions: Applied computer science, artificial intelligence, software and multimedia technologies, system structure, computer engineering and theory of computer science. The number of students reaches a total of 2,703 students.
– Faculty of electrical engineering and information technology are organized into 13 classes, with 2,288 students
– Economics with majors: business education, business administration, economics, management information systems and statistics with 2,842 students
– Faculty of Language, Literature and Culture is structured into 5 parts: British English, American English, German, German literature and Slavistics with 3.215 students.
– Faculty of Law: TU Dresden will be launched one school on the justice system which are replaced with Faculty of Law in the next few years, still about 933 students are attending